Pages

Tuesday 15 September 2015

The oddest movie I have watched

It is hard for me to choose the oddest movie I ever seen, because I think that every movie has an explanation, and his writer wanted to give some message to the audience, although I could not find the message or meaning of the movie I chose.
“The Shining” a physiological horror movie based on the novel “the shining” of Stephen King. The slogan of the movie is “A masterpiece of modern horror” so you can imagine how it is… The director is Stanley Kubrick and it was co-written with Diane Johnson. 

I saw this movie on December 2014. And the first thought that cross my mind while I was watching was “Oh my god, I cannot continue watching this” But I was watching it with a friend, so I forced myself and finish it.

Basically, this movie is about a man, his son, Danny, and wife become the winter caretakers of an isolated hotel where Danny, sees disturbing visions of the hotel's past using a telepathic gift known as "The Shining". The protagonist, Jack Torrance, is underway in a writing project when he slowly slips into insanity as a result of cabin fever and former guests of the hotel's ghosts. After being convinced by a waiter's ghost to "correct" the family, Jack goes completely insane. The only thing that can save Danny and his mother is "The Shining"

I cannot say this is a movie I recommended, because I was truly impressed, and in my opinion, this is not that kind of movies you can see more than once. Honestly, I did not like it at all and I must say I was very afraid.

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Francisca.

    I agree it´s a very freaky movie.

    2pts

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com